segunda-feira, 22 de novembro de 2010

KYLESA-ENTREVISTA SOBRE O NOVO ALBUM



portuguese and english

Philip Cole and Laura Pleasants fala de cada som do Kylea o album Spiral Shadow.

PHILLIP COPE and LAURA PLEASANTS tell the stories behind each song on
KYLESA’s Spiral Shadow.


Tired Climb
Cope: I designed this song to be the first on the album. I wanted it to have a mixture of elements from our past, and foreshadowing of some of the tripped out nature of the songs to come. My lyrics are about years of tackling depression.


Eu fiz esta canção para ser a primeira do álbum. Eu queria que ela tivesse uma mistura de elementos do nosso passado, e prenúncio de algo da natureza fora das canções que nos já tinhamos feito. Minha letra é sobre os anos de luta e contra a depressão.


Drop Out
Pleasants: This song started out with the mellow part and was built from there. I was listening to a lot of mid-‘70s era [Black] Sabbath and was studying some of their uncommon song structures. I wanted something intense and something where the drums could be really pounding and tribal. I like how this song has a lot of groove and peaks and valleys. Lyrically, "Drop Out" is about being completely fed up with everything to the point where you just don't care anymore and want nothing to do with anyone or anything. You try to erase everything to find the answer. Press delete and start again.


kylesa1.jpg (576×382)
Essa música começou amadurecer e foi construído a partir daí. Eu estava ouvindo um monte de sons dos anos 70 era sábado e estava estudando algumas das estruturas musicais incomuns. Eu queria algo intenso e algo em que a bateria poderia ser realmente tivesse elementos tribais. Eu gosto de como essa música tem muito groove e picos e vales. Liricamente, "Drop Out" é sobre ser completamente farto de tudo para o ponto onde simplesmente não se importam mais e não quer nada com nada e com ninguém. Você tenta apagar tudo para encontrar a resposta. apagar o passsdo e começar tudo de novo.


Don't Look Back
Cope: This song was kind of challenge for myself to see if I could write something more straightforward and traditional. It really wasn't supposed to sound poppy or like ‘90s alternative, but after I put the guitar harmony on, everyone started to notice it was sounding a bit different than our normal stuff. Someone mentioned it kind of sounded like the Pixies, so instead of fighting it, we just kind of embraced it. The lyrics are about realizing sometimes it's better to forget the past and move on than dwell on things from your past.
Pleasants: The original middle guitar line I did sounded too "southern" to Phillip, so I re-routed and very quickly came up with the melody. Sometimes the simple stuff you come up with off the cuff works out the best.

A linha de guitarra original meio eu fiz soava muito algo do "sul" de Phillip, então eu refiz e muito rapidamente surgiu a melodia. Às vezes as coisas simples com improviso funciona melhor.








Spiral Shadow
Pleasants: This is another song that is very dear to me, and it's the second song I've ever written for anyone. I knew I wanted to write a song for my mom, and this is it. This one took a long time to come together. I have several versions of this with different riffs in it. I kind of modeled it after some ‘70s rock vibes, and that was the tone I was going for. Lyrically, “Spiral Shadow” reads as somewhat abstract, and that's how I wanted it. I was very happy with some of the tones I got for the lead parts. I had a few very rad distortion pedals to work with, and some wonderful vintage tube amps to howl through.


Pleasants: Esta é outra canção que é muito querida para mim, e é a segunda música que eu escrevi. Eu sabia que queria escrever uma música para minha mãe, e é isso. E demorou muito tempo para vir junto. Tenho várias versões deste riffs de coisas diferente. Eu tipo de modelo que depois de alguns vibes rock dos anos 70, e esse foi o tom que eu estava indo. Liricamente, "Spiral Shadow" é como algo abstrato, e é assim que eu queria. Fiquei muito feliz com alguns dos tons que eu tenho para as peças de chumbo. Eu tinha uns pedais de distorção muito poucos para trabalhar, e algumas maravilhosos amplificadores valvulados da epoca vintage.

Cope: This song was by far the hardest and most time consuming to mix, but I was stoked on it by the end.

Cope: Essa música foi de longe o mais difícil e consomiu mais tempo para construi-la, mas eu estava amarradão nela até o final.








MORE FROM INTERVIEW LINK TO BELOW

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/track_by_track_kylesa/




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário