sexta-feira, 24 de setembro de 2010

THE BLACK KEYS - MATERIA E VIDEO

TheBlackKeys PORTUGUESE AND ENGLISH

Você sabe como às vezes você descobrir (ou redescobrir) as famosas bandas do bem, formas menos quadril e você só sente espécie de quadrado? Como o pai que comprou o Arcade Fire álbum depois que viu o preview de Where The Wild Things Are para descobrir somente que seu colégio filhos com idade sabia sobre Win Butler, como, anos atrás. Quero dizer, vamos lá. VOCÊ SABE Às Vezes Como VOCÊ Descobrir redescobrir (ou) como bandas Famosas do Bem, formas e quadril Menos VOCÊ tão Sente Espécie de quadrado? Como o pai Que Comprou o Arcade Fire álbum DEPOIS VIU Que o preview de Where The Wild Things Are n Descobrir Somente Que Seu colégio Filhos com idade Sabia Sobre Win Butler, como, anos atrás. Quero Dizer, vamos lá Mencionei brevemente um acontecimento na minha vida conhecido como "Tequila Night". Ele terminou comigo passando na minha cama cedo e terrível acordar às três da manhã, muito inquieto para voltar a dormir. Eu geralmente sou um riser tarde (leia-se: meados de tarde é quando eu rolar para fora da cama na maioria dos dias), por isso, quando meu companheiro de quarto acordou às 8 para me encontrar, não só fora da cama, mas também muito alerta, era muito bonita, uma ocasião especial . Temos café da manhã e fomos ao shopping onde eu tenho que escolher as roupas para o trabalho do meu colega de quarto da "fantasia". Foi muito divertido. Eu me senti poderosa. Além disso, eu não tenho os pés em um shopping em anos para que a viagem foi interessante, um pouco como a sobrecarga sensorial, apesar de, realmente, nada de extraordinário aconteceu ... Até que nós fizemos o nosso caminho numa dessas cadeias de lojas de calçados realmente overpriced que se especializa em saltos impraticável com quantidades obscenas de glitter. Como o meu colega tentou coisas, eu vagava sem rumo até que algo chamou a minha orelha. Que alguma coisa? "Aperte Up", de The Black Keys. Apesar de apenas ter ouvido Brothers, o mais recente esforço do Chaves, um punhado de vezes, com uma mentalidade bastante distraído, eu soube de imediato que a música que me fez assim foi arrebatada por The Black Keys. Auerbach e companhia têm feito um bom trabalho a elaboração de uma assinatura sonora e eu tenho certeza "Apertar Up" penetrou minha consciência de alguma maneira, como foi o "single" off the record (explicando assim a sua presença em lojas de sapato!). Em vez de pensar "O que é essa canção? É uma jam!", Eu encontrei pensando "Porra ... eu tenho que dar esse registro Black Keys spin outro. Like, agora."


You know how sometimes you discover (or re-discover) the hippest bands in the, well, least hip ways and you just feel sort of square? Like the dad who bought the Arcade Fire album after he saw the preview for Where The Wild Things Are only to discover that his college aged offspring knew about Win Butler, like, years ago. I mean, come on.

tradução

Well, I think I have the lamest anecdote of all time. I mean, I'm a pretty happenin' gal. I keep one of my heavily pierced ears to the ground at almost all times. I check out blogs. I read Daytrotter religiously. I go to shows. I support local music. So, nine times out of ten, I know my shit. There is, however, that one time out of ten where I drop the ball.

I mentioned briefly an occurance in my life known as "Tequila Night". It ended with me passing out in my bed dreadful early and waking up at three in the morning, too restless to go back to sleep. I'm usually a late riser (read: mid-afternoons is when I roll out of bed most days) so when my roommate awoke at 8 to find me not only out of bed but also quite alert, it was pretty much a special occasion. We got some breakfast and headed to the mall where I got to pick out clothes for my roomie's "fancy job". It was fun. I felt powerful. Plus, I haven't set foot in a mall in years so the trip was interesting, a bit like sensory overload, even though, really, nothing out of the ordinary happened... Until we made our way into one of those really overpriced chain shoe stores that specializes in impractical heels with obscene amounts of glitter. As my counterpart tried things on, I wandered aimlessly until something caught my ear. That something? "Tighten Up" by The Black Keys.


The Black Keys - Tighten Up

Despite only having listened to Brothers, the latest effort from the Keys, a handful of times with a fairly inattentive mindset, I knew right away that the song that had me so enraptured was by The Black Keys. Auerbach and company have done a good job crafting a signature sound and I'm sure "Tighten Up" seeped into my conciousness somehow, as it was the "single" off the record (Thus explaining it's presence in shoe stores!). Instead of thinking "What IS this song? It's a jam!", I found thinking "Damn... I have to give that Black Keys record another spin. Like, now."


ves in the same short time frame as such notable releases as The Hold Steady, Broken Social Scene, and my most beloved National. Regardless, revisiting the record was the best decision I've made since I decided to start a weekly column of sweet cover songs. (Not that I'm bragging about that cool feature or anything.) Everything about Brothers is the Black Keys, through and through, from the fuzzy, seductively distorted vocals to the bluesy stomp and the grungy guitar. The album, at fifteen tracks, seems to wear on a bit at times but the strand out tracks far out number the unmemorable cuts so what more can you ask for, really?





Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário